- Are you interested in inspiring the next generation of greatness?
- Do you want to become a teacher, counselor, educational leader, coach, athletic trainer, or be involved in the sports industry?
- Do you love working with people and want to do it for a career?
- Do you want to work in an exciting, evolving, dynamic, and rewarding setting?
- Do you want to help people be the best they can be?
If you answered "YES" or "maybe" to any of these questions, there might be a degree program in the Lincoln University School of Education that is right for you!
"Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach" - Aristotle
The School of Education (SOE) at Lincoln University prepares students to become Teachers, Counselors, Educational Leaders, Coaches, Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapists, and Health & Wellness professionals by providing a high quality, innovative, 21st century approach to learning. The SOE programs offer excellence in undergraduate and graduate programs through small classes, collaborative learning, innovative teaching, and active experiences in schools and other educational settings.
Lincoln students take courses grounded in theory, but they are designed to provide practical (hands-on) experiences that provide real-world application of skills. Our programs prepare graduates to teach, counsel, coach, lead, and provide health, wellness and physical activity in schools, the community, and various commercial settings. Lincoln University provides students an opportunity to transform their personal interests and passion into a career that benefits themselves and others.
Advantages of Lincoln University
The Lincoln University School of Education (SOE) offers 12 Undergraduate Degrees (BSEd) in education, and the Bachelors of Science (BS) in Wellness the has 3 major areas to choose from.
Lincoln University offers Graduate programs in Teaching, Counseling, Administration, and Leadership, with 4 Masters in Education programs (MEd), a Masters in Higher Education Leadership, and three Specialist (EdS) programs.
There are a variety of programs to choose from to help you reach your educational goals. There are many reasons to choose Lincoln University for to invest in your future, including:
- Inexpensive Tuition
- Practical Approach to Learning
- Robust Internship Opportunities
- Flexible Career-Options
- Dedicated Faculty & Staff
- Small Class-Size
- Diverse Learning Experiences
- Academic Support Systems
- Community Connections
- Student-Centered Approach
- Allows YOU to Focus on YOUR Future!
"Education is an Investment in Yourself"
Mission, Vision, Philosophy & Values
To prepare diverse learners in a rigorous, relevant, nurturing, and student-centered academic environment by responding to workforce needs, collaborating with stakeholders, providing diverse experiences, and employing evidence-based practices for success as professionals in the 21st century global community.
To be a leading professional preparation program that is recognized for cultivating excellence, fostering inclusivity, and inspiring innovation, whose graduates lead in their fields, advocate for the underserved, and contribute creatively to their professions.
The School of Education at Lincoln University promotes education with an emphasis on lifelong learning and applying skills in a real world and career focused concept. Today's students learn in a variety of ways, and our curriculum and instruction focus on teaching the content and theoretical background, then providing opportunities for students to apply these skills in a hands-on or practical application setting in a real-world environment.
At Lincoln, students observe various professionals on-campus and in community-based settings in various levels of field experiences throughout the program. Students then get to "do what they see" by having an opportunity to put their classroom education to the test in a real-world environment through practicums, internships, and student-teaching placements. These experiences help students make connections with professionals in the field which provide an advantage in career placement after graduation.
- Excellence: By excellence, we value rigor in our academic pursuits and integrity in our academic endeavors.
- Life-long learning: By life-long learning, we value on-going growth in knowledge and skills, understanding that learning is a life-long endeavor.
- Evidence-Based Practices: By evidence-based practices, we value the importance of data driven decision making in program development and implementation.
- Collaboration: By collaboration, we value the importance of people working together to find common solutions.
- Innovation: By innovation, we recognize that we live in an ever-changing world, and that our students will develop new practices based on research, theory, creativity, and critical thinking skills.
- Inclusivity: By inclusivity, we embrace diversity and demonstrate mutual respect for all people.
- Student-Centered: By student-centered, we recognize that both the immediate and career needs of students should inform decisions on program design and development.
Enduring understanding means that learning and teaching must focus on important concepts that students will remember for a lifetime, rather than information that is memorized for a test and then forgotten.
Engaging pedagogy means that learning is to be active, interactive and involving, emphasizing exploration, discovery and life application, rather than just reading a text and listening to lectures.
Evolving worldview means that learners encounter diverse people, ideas and perspectives and so develop social responsibility and global consciousness.
Accreditation & Affiliations:
Lincoln University's School of Education Programs are approved by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).
Lincoln University's School of Education is currently accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), formerly NCATE.
Lincoln University's School of Education is a member in good standing of the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP). LU is working toward accreditation of its educator preparation programs under the AAQEP standards with an anticipated Quality Assurance Review in the Spring 0f 2022.