Missouri Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
About MOLSAMP at Lincoln University
About The Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Program
The Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP) is an NSF sponsored program designed to broaden participation in science, technology, engineering, and technology (STEM) disciplines and increase the number of students receiving baccalaureate degrees and ultimately graduate degrees in STEM disciplines.
The objectives of the alliance are to:
- Increase the total number of URM students graduating with STEM degrees by 125% over a 5 year period
- Increase the first and second year retention rates of URM students in STEM disciplines to at lease 60%
- Increase the successful transfer of URM students from 2 to 4 year institutions by 25%
- Increase the number of underrepresented students entering graduate programs in STEM fields by 25%
- Lincoln University is one of eight colleges and universities to receive a five-year grant from MOLSAMP, which represents one of forty-one such programs sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF).